Scheduling an appointment for Botox injections is a commonplace practice for those seeking to smooth fine lines and wrinkles in their face and brow areas.
Injections from Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin aid in removing wrinkles associated with aging, and work to correct lines that appear most often on foreheads and in lines around eyes, such as crow’s feet and frown lines.
What most people don’t know, however, is that procedures like Botox injections are safe and have very little associated pain or side effects.
Here are eight facts about Botox that you might not have known.
1. Botox was approved for use in removing wrinkles and frown lines in 2002 by the FDA.
2. Botox is number one in removing the signs of aging in the face and brow quickly and easily (usually in just one visit).
3. Botox injections are virtually pain-free.
4. Injections from Botox only take about a week to take full effect, but results last up to four months (sometimes even longer).
5. Botox can be re-administered by your doctor as soon as their previous effects wear off, which is great news for those who want to have regular Botox appointments scheduled several times a year.
6. Side effects from Botox are rare, and if they do happen, they disappear shortly after they first appear.
7. Most people will tell you that the injections don’t hurt at all. For example, the areas around frown lines only take five small injections for optimum effect.
8. Botox does more than fight the signs of aging. In addition to reducing fine lines and wrinkles, Botox is also effective at treating migraines, eyelid spasms, facial spasms, and excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis).
To talk more about how we can help you, please contact FirstCare Medical Center today.